Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Poppin' That Cherry

So this is blogging, eh? I don't know why I never thought I wanted to do this before. I've been journaling since I was ten, a habit that my fifth grade teacher instilled in me, and a habit that has been impossible to break. And with all of the advancements in technology and the inter-webs, maybe a blog will save me some time. (Or just cause me to spend twice as much time online as I do now. Who knows?)


Well, this is me. My name is Kris and I'm just some chick in some city. Unlike most people my age, I don't have any "delusions" of grandeur, as my mother likes to say. I'm not unique or original or one-of-a-kind. And I really don't mean to say that in an emo, whiny, fishing kind of way; it's simply the truth. I am not talented enough or driven enough or skillful enough to make a huge impact on the world in any memorable kind of way. No one will remember me for hundreds of years after I die. No one will sculpt a statue in my honor. No one will read about me in history books. And I'm okay with that. I really am. In fact, it makes my life a lot easier because instead of concentrating on being some monumental figure, I can simply focus all of my energy on being the best person that I can possibly be right now. And I think I'm getting there. I feel like I'm finally becoming the person I've always wanted to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment