Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Follow thy desire, and thy good.

Lately, I've been feeling completely overwhelmed and uncomfortably out of control. I struggle on a daily basis with fear. Fear of where this hedonistic lifestyle that I seem to be living is going to take me. As with anything, I can always find arguments on either side of the equation. 

On one hand, maybe I deserve to throw my cares to the wind. Maybe it's time for me to be selfish. Maybe this is a common life and a common struggle and a common concern at this age. I don't think that I discount others in any kind of way, but I definitely feel like I've been putting myself first for a while now, and it feels completely unnatural to me. What am I doing?



On the other hand, maybe I need to get back to my roots. Start evaluating the truly important things and re-learn to look outside of myself. Focus on putting my life back together in a real kind of way. Start building towards something. Anything. What am I doing?

It has undoubtedly been something that has weighed heavily on my heart and mind lately. Oh, and speaking of things that have been weighing on my head and heart, this is Elvis (see what I did there?).


He's a total stud muffin, ain't he? Just a lil' secret between you and me, I'm kinda wrapped up in this kid. I'm desperately trying not to be, but I can't seem to help myself! My vision is all blurry with stupid rainbows and sunshine and free candy and unicorns and shit. I literally have to stop myself from skipping everywhere. Intellectually, I know that feeling this entangled is ridiculous, but that sappy, gushy, ooey-gooey girl inside of me can't help herself! I keep reminding her that all good things in life come to an end. And that this is probably just silly, puppy love. But, I just don't know. Those big, brown eyes. The kisses. The words. The touch. 

I just melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment