Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Glad That's Finally Over

I wouldn't describe myself as a political person. To be honest, it all gives me a giant headache and I usually end up having to go lie down after giving it any amount of thought. I try to pay attention, I really do! But it's too complicated, and too beyond me. Also, remember how I have that problem where I can see both sides to almost any argument? Yeah, that gets in the way a lot, too. I don't always agree with both sides, but I can always understand why someone else would feel the way they do about any issue. I actually wish more politicians were cursed with this ability.


During a recent discussion with one of my closest and dearest friends, Joshua, he broke down how he felt about this year's Presidential election, and his thoughts pretty well summed up the entire affair to perfection:

"When I watch the Presidential debates, I feel like they are just talking about Legos. One guy says, 'The yellow Lego needs to go on top of the blue Lego, and parallel to the green Lego.' And the other guy goes, 'No, no, no, you idiot! The yellow Lego needs to go perpendicular to the green Lego, and the blue Lego needs to go on top of it.' They're all just talking about Legos and none of it fucking matters."

As crazy as it sounds, his explanation made more sense to me than most anything else running on the news these days. It does always seem like they're just talking in circles about nothing at all, doesn't it? Always trying to twist and warp their words so that they don't have to make any kind of genuine commitments. It's such a silly dance. 


With all that all being said, as maddening as the whole thing has been, and even as ignorant as I am about the world of politics, I've got to say that I'm glad Obama won. I was nervous that we might have new President today, but my country did me proud. Forward. Only forward.




No comments:

Post a Comment