Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Quit Being a Debbie

I never really wanted to use this blog space to rant or vent or be a total Negative Nancy, but you know what? Fuck that. It's my blog and I'll do what I want. 

I know that everyone has "off" days, but I feel like I knew it was going to be weird from the moment I woke up this morning. It was dreary and frigid out, and I could barely bring myself to understand that my alarm was not mistaken and that it was indeed 9am despite the dark, cold, gray sky. A sky that taunted, "Hey. Hey you. Yeah. You, with the bed head and sleep-crusted eyes. Why don't you stay in that warm, delightful bed of yours? What's the harm?" But I defied that cold, gray sky and dragged myself out of the comforts of my bed and into the shower. I remembered a friend of mine talking about the power of positive thought and energy recently and decided to try it out. I was the embodiment of good juju while I lathered, rinsed and repeated. "Today is going to be a good day. I'm going to get so much accomplished. Good things are coming my way. I am going to be happy today. I am beautiful and talented and a good person. Today is going to be a good day."

I could tell though, that even as I said those things to myself, there was something disagreeing in the pit of my stomach. A gut instinct that today was going to be off no matter how many positive vibes I sent into the universe. 

I got dressed and headed off to work and actually had a great day helping out Michelle. Her sweet little dog, Moxie, got sick though. Poor wittle thing!


She ralfed like six times. I guess she was having an "off day," too.

Anywho, to hurry up and get to the point already, today I was "let go" from the restaurant that I was working. I'd love to list out every reason why this is totally bogus, unwarranted, and completely unprofessional, but I won't. Because I have class and I am a lady. 

Honestly though, I think I might be most pissed off that I didn't get to quit. That they beat me to it! Because I was really, really looking forward to the day when I could go out like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment