Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Soup Night at the Disenborgs

I am an excellent friend, just so you know. It's a certifiable fact. Go ahead, look it up. But, first, read this post.

Remember my friend with the freebies? Well, he's sick. And being that I'm such an extraordinary friend, and a fabulous cook, what was the only possible, logical solution? Well, duh! Soup.

So, this is what happens when you're my friend and you're sick. I make you home-made chicken noodle soup and dessert.


Yum. Paired with some crusty French bread and you're all set. Cold: cured.

And you can't have such a delightful dinner without a delightful dessert, right? So, after dicing some fresh, South Carolina peaches, tossing them with a little brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and flour, and letting them sit for a few minutes:


Add won-ton wrappers:


And then this happened:


I think that this discussion that my roommate and I had post-dinner is probably the most accurate description for how delicious these Peach Won-tons were:

J: "There's only one left, do you want it?"
K: "No, go ahead. Eat it. I've had plenty."
J: "Okay. I will. 'Cause these mother-fuckers are gooooood."

No comments:

Post a Comment